Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Holy Eccharist is real according to the Bible

  If it would not be real then it could not make you sick and even die if you ate it unworthily. We will read this in the scripture in just a little bit but first Jesus said

John 6:54-58   King James Version (KJV)

 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
 55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
 56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
 57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
 58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
     Noticed the word bread in verse 58. At first Jesus said His body and blood, now He's saying bread. That's because for the Last supper He changed the bread & wine into His body & blood only it still looked like bread and wine. Remember the Word became flesh now Jesus changes bread & wine into his flesh only it keeps the appearance of bread and wine.
     Even in the Bible some people did not believe this. Some ate the Holy Eucharist without repenting and going to confession. St Paul told them that's why some of you are sick and some even die. Why would St. Paul tell them this if it wasn't true. Is the Bible true or not ? Do we believe what Jesus and St. Paul says. Let us look at what St. Paul says.

1 Corinthians 11:23-30

King James Version (KJV)
23For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
 24And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
 25After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
 26For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
 27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
 28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
 29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
 30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
     St. Paul calls it bread in verse 27 but noticed if you eat & drink unworthily then you are guilty of the body and blood. You see it looks like bread & wine but it is the body & blood of our Lord Jesus. This is some real serious stuff.
     You see how even in the Bible days some people still didn't believe in the real presence of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist . They ate the Holy Eucharist without examining themselves, today we would say without going to confession. They got sick and some even died. Do you think St. Paul believed that Jesus is really present in the Holy Eucharist ? St. Paul took this real serious. Again let us see what else St. Paul says.

1 Corinthians 10:15-17

King James Version (KJV)

 15I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.
 16The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
 17For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 
        We Catholics go to mass, the priest bless the cup and break the bread & we go to communion and recieve ( eat ) the Holy Eucharist . The mass is performed today just as St. Paul explains it in the Bible. It is Jesus who does the miracle at the prayers of the Priest. If this would not be so then how could we fulfill the words of Jesus when H e said: Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
       Next we will read in St. John

John 6:53-66

King James Version (KJV)

 53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
 55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
 56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
 57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
 58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
 59These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
 60Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
 61When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
 62What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
 63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
 64But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
 65And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
 66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. 
         As Jesus says in verse 63  the flesh profiteth nothing   . It is the Spirit of Jesus that will give us eternal life and we recieve His spirit in the Holy Eucharist. That's why He said unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no life in you (the flesh profiteth nothing   ). I came to understand this while I was still out of the Church and I got scared. So I came back to the church as soon as I could so I could have eternal life. Many people did not believe back then either and they left Jesus see verse 66. If Jesus is not Truly alive in the Holy Eucharist then Why did Jesus make all this fuss about eating His flesh and drinking His blood ?
 57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
       St. Paul believed, the Holy Catholic Church believes, I believe, now What are you going to believe? God gave us a free will , we can believe who and what we want but in the end if we believe wrong we have no one to blame but ourselves. My God grant you the grace to follow Him and do His will. Amen
        Get your own copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church second edition and read for yourself what the Catholic Church really teaches.
        I am working on a website so I can better organize my articles and provide other services such as recommend good websites. It's a work in progress but you are welcome to visit it.

https://sites.google.com/site/catholicisright/home








No comments:

Post a Comment